So, you’ve got your Dance Moped and you can’t wait to ride out to the lake, take your friends on adventures and get to the office in record time. Just remember: with great fun comes great responsibility.
To ride the Dance Moped, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid EU driver’s license. The Dance delivery driver will ask to see your license and proof of address when your moped is delivered.
Wear the right gear
You and your passengers should always wear a helmet. You can add a helmet to your Dance subscription for €9.99 per month.
Wear proper shoes with good grip and closed toes. Even if it’s summer sandal weather.
Wear clothes that cover as much skin as possible, so you have an extra layer of protection in case you do have an accident.
You have a rear wheel brake and a front wheel brake. Use both brakes together by squeezing the left and right brake levers gently.
Leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front so you have time to react to sudden braking.
Take care in wet and icy conditions—the distance you need to brake will be much longer.
On the road
The most common cause of road accidents is drivers and riders changing lanes without warning. Always use the turn signal indicators before you change lanes and check before you turn that there are no other vehicles close behind.
Be careful when riding alongside cars and trucks. Drivers have blind spots—particularly along the sides of their vehicle—so try to ride in front of or a good distance behind larger vehicles where you are clearly visible.
Be extra careful with busy crossings, long tunnels and bridges. Heavy traffic, poor air quality and strong winds are all risks for riders on two wheels.
When you have a passenger
- Make sure you’re comfortable riding on your own before bringing a friend along.
- Keep a spare helmet at home for your passenger.
- When your moped is carrying twice the weight, it will take longer to stop. Ride slower and brake earlier. If you’re not 100% confident, find a quiet side street to practise finding your balance with two on the scooter.
Obvious, but important
This is the serious stuff:
- Always follow the speed limit.
- Stick to the rules of the road and follow local traffic laws.
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Never text while riding. The phone holder is for easier navigation, not making dinner plans on the road.
So take these tips, use your common sense, go out there on your Dance Moped and have fun. And, most importantly, ride safely.